Wilson's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Emma's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

12 May 2011

What a weekend!

Here's a shout out to all you mom's out there. You know who you are and what you do and we think you're wonderful!

Apparently our guys do too! Well, let me back up because last weekend started not with Mother's Day celebrations, but with the celebration of Steve's and my 5th anniversary (a week late). On the night of our anniversary, we had a nice dinner out at our traditional restaurant. Grammy & Oscar came in for the big guns though, our first dual night away from Emma. This mama took a bit of gearing up for the actual evening, but after a few tears, anxiety, and instructions, the rest of the night and the following morning were lovely and relaxing!

Steve and I had a fabulous dinner at Murrays Steakhouse (if you go, you absolutely MUST have their raspberry pie. I am not even joking about this, it is incredible) and a full night of sleep (although our eyes popped open at 6:20 out of habit - ugh). It was great just to be able to lounge around in the morning, take our time getting ready, and not need to worry about a little toddler running amuk & need a diaper change.

Before breakfast, Steve told me I was getting my mother's day gift a day early to be sure to have the day of with my kiddo. My mom & I were set up with massages together and time to play a bit in St. Paul. How lovely! SO after a leisurely breakfast in downtown, my mom and I took off for a fabulous rub down. This will not be my only prenatal massage! She & I enjoyed some time together, doing some shopping, having a snack, and enjoying some girl time.

Sunday brought a little girl into my bed, proudly handing me a handmade picture frame with a new favorite picture of me and my girl. Best gift ever! Church, brunch, naps all around, and a trip to Ikea rounded out a lovely day. It was pretty much a perfect weekend, aside from the fact that I got no mother-daughter-daughter picture! Next year for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment