Wilson's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Emma's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

03 February 2012

Communication overload

I suck at blogging while mommying. There, I've said it. I always feel disappointed when the blogs I read slow down and sometimes even stop their posting. This has typically happened when the bloggers have child(ren) added to their lives. And now it is true for me as well.

Between facebooking, emailing, texting, Skyping, calling, blogging, I can't keep up. I think I have one, maybe even two, twitter accounts and am on whatever Google created as well. (Obviously I don't do anything with either of those.) I also have diapers, laundry, binkies, blankies, snack time, cuddles, books, shoes to tie, noses to wipe, hair to come, babies to wash, I think you get the picture. And, like it is for most (all?) parents or otherwise busy people in the world, priorities are set whether by intention or time. Face-to-face time seems to happen more with kiddos thanks to play dates, but the electronic world seems to suffer the most.

So I apologize for those of you who take occasional peeks at this blog to see what's going on in our little family (especially a certain set of relatives in TX who somehow still are not on Facebook. Sign up already, I get around to posting pictures there about every month!). While I enjoy the moment to write about what we've been doing and pick some pictures to illustrate the day to day of our lives, it is hard enough these days to take the time to plug in the camera and overwhelm Facebook with too many (if there is such a thing) pictures of our babies. Because the idea of editing for content is far too daunting!

Phew. I feel a little better fessing up to what you already knew. And the timing couldn't be better, Emma's waking up for her nap and we're about to enter phase two of our day. Wils no doubt will be close behind since that's how things go around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment