Wilson's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Emma's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 December 2009

Blue Christmas

Years ago, gosh, 15 maybe, my best friends little sister died. That year her family put blue lights on the house and the Barbie ontop of the tree wore a blue dress. I spent several days leading up to Christmas with them, feeling sad for their loss, but from a 14 year old who hadn't faced such a loss perspect. Who knew that 9 years later I'd really understand her experience first hand.

As sad as that Christmas no doubt was for them, it also gave me one of my favorite Christmas memories and a future tradition I hope to share with Emma. My best friends mom took us out for dessert and to drive and look at Christmas lights. I'm taken back to that night every time I hear Amy Grant sing Grown Up Christmas List.

Last year our family had two sudden losses on Christmas Eve. I know this time of year is full of joy for many, but it can also be a blue Christmas when we can't be with the ones we love the most. I hope those for whom this Christmas is especially blue may be able to make precious memories to cherish for years to come. Maybe an old casset tape of Amy Grant's Christmas could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment