Wilson's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Emma's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

12 December 2009

Perspective

I haven't felt overly Christmasy yet this year. I think it's because I haven't been out hitting the malls and doing much along the lines of Christmas shopping. Steve and I made the decision to really reign in on the Christmas gifts this year - like much of the rest of the country, we're needing to be a bit more serious about having (and following) a budget and so some adjustments have been made. It makes me a bit sad to think that I have really fallen in to the commercialization of Christmas and that Christmas cheer seems to come with Christmas spending. It's time to re-group, come back to center, and get some perspective. Oh, and bust out some Christmas cheer!

1 comment:

  1. Katie,

    I was definitely feeling that way too! Last night really helped when we put up our tree, I got out all of our favorite little "Holiday touches", we watched "It's a Wonderful Life", listened to some Holiday Tunes, and sat by a warm fireplace with warm cookies. We went shopping, but only at target for one or two small things. Maybe go out for some hot chocolate in a place that's really Christmassy? Hope your Holidays are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete