Wilson's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Emma's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

01 January 2010

Should old acquaintance be forgot. . .

Or frequently brought to mind.

With the dawn of a new year, heck, a new decade, it's hard not to get just a little reflective. 10 years ago, I was a college freshman and at that point may still have thought I'd be teaching preschool. (Although I doubt it since I'd had my first ECE class - my destiny may have already been found in the College of Ag & Home Ec.) I lived in the 200 building of Alumni with a high school friend, watched a lot of You've Got Mail, ate a lot of bagels (with cream cheese on the side, please), and I think had two fish - Seldom & Often.

Since that time, I've added a whole lot of titles to my life - Chi Omega, grad student, wife, intern, master, doctor, post doc, landlord, mother, psychologist - some that I'd expected for a lifetime and others that were a bit more surprising.

I've experienced the greatest joy in my life - marrying my best friend, giving birth to my perfect daughter. And since these past 10 years also brought my greatest sorrow - the loss of my brother - moments like that are even more sweet.

I can hardly imagine what the next year, let alone 10 will bring (other than teeth, crawling, walking, talking), but am prayerful that the lows are not quite as low.

Can you believe that at the end of this decade we'll have a 4th grader?!

No comments:

Post a Comment