Wilson's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Emma's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

09 July 2010

Whirlwind

I thought after last summer, this summer would seem relaxing. I guess in some ways it has been - the house isn't (actively) under construction, licensure exams are a thing of the past, baby prep has transitioned in to baby proof - but man is the time flying!

Two weeks ago, my parents zipped in to town for their own whirlwind visit. They got to our house Thursday evening, headed to Stillwater Friday evening, partied it up to celebrate their 31st anniversary, a new wedding, and a graduation, and spent Sunday night and Monday with us. Big bummer was I caught some sort of icky stomach bug - no, I am not pregnant - and wasn't much fun. Big bonus was two extra sets of hands to help out with Emmanator when I was feeling icky.

The next weekend we hopped in the car on Friday to head to Madison for a wedding. Car trips are iffy with Em and this one went reasonably well. Back to Mpls Saturday only to head to Hudson Sunday afternoon for the 4th. It was a great time and so much fun, but I think we were all grateful that Monday was a holiday so we could decompress a little before heading back to the grind.

Enter Wednesday and daddy got nailed with a (lesser) version of whatever hit me a week or so before. No bueno. So mama juggled Em to try helping him rest (and was pretty exhausted, grateful for my typically very helpful partner and even more exhausted thinking that I'll be solo for a week coming up before too long). And now our bags are packed again as we plan to head to La Crosse this weekend to celebrate the impending arrival of our newest nephew!

Life is good and we're grateful to have so many things to celebrate, but I'm looking forward to our next "boring" weekend at home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment