Wilson's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Emma's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

23 June 2009

Let's hear it for the boy!

Father's day this year made me realize that dads get gipped. (Is that how you spell it? Well, you know what I mean.) Well, not totally. The one in our house did get waffles for breakfast, a few bike things, and a "future gopher" onsie for the bambino/a. But at church, dads weren't mentioned once. At least not in the, we appreciate all you do to make the world go round and keep kids (and wives/partners) happy and growing into people who make a difference in the world.

Now on mother's day, we had the unofficial youth Sunday, praise, and adoration. Don't get me wrong, this mother-to-be appreciated all of the attention and acknowledgement of the road ahead. But what about the dads?

I don't know about you, but my dad had/has a tremendous impact on my life. He has inspired me, cheered for me, challenged me, and had/has a huge role in shaping me in to the person I am today. Steve's dad has done the same for him and both continue to have a huge role in our daily lives. I have every confidence that my husband is going to be just as important in the life of our child(ren) as our dads have been (and continue to be) to us. Doesn't that deserve praise and adoration, too??

So here's to the dad's out there, a little overlooked on Sunday or not. You do a great job and you are appreciated!! My baby's daddy is downstairs in the basement as I write this making the home just a little more ready for our bundle of joy. That by itself deserves a parade!

No comments:

Post a Comment