Wilson's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Emma's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

12 May 2009

Welcome to the club

Sunday was my first mother's day. . . Sort of. Without a baby in your arms to hug, it seems a little strange to celebrate, but as my mom put it, this baby has already changed a lot in our life. Saturday night Steve took me out for date night. . . Wolverine. Aren't I a lucky girl?! ;o) When he came home though, he brought roses from him and other flowers from the baby for mother's day. Very sweet. The Sunday morning we woke up and he took me out to breakfast to celebrate before church. I left with a very yummy piece of cake that the restaurant was giving away to moms. Even they believed that mothers-to-be count. Couple that was several very nice phone calls/messages from friends and family and some very sweet cards, this mom was definitely feeling the love and support! Both my mom and Steve's welcomed me to the club of mom's. I think I'm in good company.


Now that everyone's feeling all warm and fuzzy, I also have to take a moment to complain. At the end of the day, I have been ending up with the back of my knees being red and tender, like they've been rubbing or irritated all day and it really hurts! If anyone else has experienced this and has a trick to fix it, please let me know! I sat with my feet up for about an hour before heading to bed with my feet stacked high up on pillows last night. That reduced the little bit of swelling I had in my legs and may have helped the awful redness behind my legs, but I don't think that's it. That may be my least favorite part of pregnancy to date. . . Maybe.



No comments:

Post a Comment