Wilson's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Emma's Birthday Countdown

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

20 April 2009

The early bird feels the kick

Last night at 8 pm, Steve and I were both lamenting about how tired we were. We had both worked at the rental (I painted in the upstairs, he slaved away on the forever bathroom project), plus run other errands, made dinner, studied, and started the day with church/clients. He looked over at me with a twinkle in his eye and suggested we head upstairs and. . . GO TO SLEEP! Ya hoo! Got ready for bed, read the baby a story, and Steve was out. I read a bit longer and then crashed early too. His 4 am wake up still probably wasn't his favorite, but it couldn't have been as bad as it is when we go to bed at 10.

Anyway, so I somewhat woke up at 4 when he did, but stayed in bed trying to get back to sleep. This usually is not a problem for me, but I guess since I'd already been sleeping for 7 hours, it was a little more difficult. By about 5:30 I was resigned to the fact that it was about time to wake up, so I propped myself up and sat with my hands on my belly. I could feel the baby moving around and for the first time was able to feel a kick strong enough that my hand could feel it too! It's amazing to me that the baby is already getting strong enough to have noticable movement!

No comments:

Post a Comment